Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

re-release of Gentleman of Substance

Hey y'all!

I'm getting around to re-releasing some of my older titles that I had to pull from the Publisher Who Has Not Paid, and this is one of my very favorites. I wrote Michael and Daniel years ago, and rushed through them a little to fill a hole on the publication calendar. So, while I didn't add a lot, I went through with an editor, took out some deadwood, added a few deleted scenes and tightened them up. I think I also made their time period, which is post Revolution America, a little more clear. Fashions were transitioning from powdered wigs and side panniers to pre-Regency, but change was slow in rural Virginia.

Anyhoo, I love this book and OI hope y'all do, too. It's on sale for 3.99 at All Romance Ebooks here, and regular price at 4.99 on Amazon and Nook.

Michael St. James hates tidewater post-Colonial Virginia with a passion. Banished there thanks to an ill-timed duel, Michael is bored with the countryside, and thinks his new companions are poorly-educated boors. What he needs is a challenge, something to stimulate his mind. Which is why, when Michael meets Daniel Calhoun, he takes such an immediate interest.

Daniel Calhoun is a gentleman farmer who has no time for the social niceties demanded by a man of his station any more than he has patience for changing fashion or politics. When he sees Michael St. James, Daniel sees a man with no substance, and he’s certainly not interested in becoming friends, or more, with the irritating man. There’s more to Michael than meets the eye, as Daniel soon discovers, and the two embark on a scorching affair that might just be the ruin of both of them. Can they find a way to be together, or will Daniel and Michael be forced to hide what they feel?

This title has been previously published under the same title. 2000 words have been added to the text.

XXOO

Julia

No comments: