Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Saturday, October 10, 2015

halloween season

today's movie count

The Awakening- 4 stars

Twixt - 1 1/2 stars

Haunter - 3 1/2 stars

I never used to watch scary movies. Action adventure, sure. The Mummy? Absolutely. Real horror? No way.

I would have nightmares. I was always kind of scared of the dark.

Then I met my wife, who convinced me there's nothing there in the dark that's not there in the day. Okay, that was kinda terrifying to begin with but I figured it out. Grins. Every once in awhile something will still scare me but now it's in a good way. Sometimes we need to be frightened so we remember how good we have it every day.

So far, nothing today has been scary. Clever, yeah. Really bad in one case. But not scary.

It's still two weeks until Halloween ;)

XXOO

Julia

1 comment:

Katherine Halle said...

OOh I haven't heard of any of those movies....

And I have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. Before I had my kid I LOVED them, then I got pregnant and had horrific nightmares all throughout my pregnancy with very little to trigger them. I didn't see horror movies (of any kind, even my favorites!) for over two years. By then, movies like Saw and Hostel were all the rage & I didn't want anything to do with them.

They are finally starting to make good horror movies again and we are going but I don't enjoy them the way I used to.