Welcome to Julia Talbot's blog!

Welcome, everyone! Here's where I blather about writing, life with my wife BA, and my two basset hounds! I love to hear from readers, so comment here or email me!

Friday, August 26, 2011

Free reads and the story of smokejumpers

A long time ago in a state far removed from Texas, where I am now, I was watching the summer wildfire season with interest because it was coming close to a friend's ranch up in Mesa, Colorado. My friend was telling me all about smokejumpers and hot shots, the guys who parachute into wildfires and build fire breaks.

About that time, my now-partner BA, who was in Texas, sent me a fire-red notebook made of beautiful handmade paper. Jed Thatcher and Eli Marshall of Jumping Into Things appeared the next day in that notebook. The boys were not my first published work by any means, but they were one of the first m/m original romances I ever wrote.

You can find them here!

I also have a free read out with them at All Romance Ebooks here: Those of you who remember Torquere's Turn of the Screw series might have seen this one before, as it ran there as part of an exclusive series, but a lot of folks have never seen it!




Hope y'all have a good day, and thanks for stopping by!

Julia

No comments: